#FCBayernHackDaysJanuary 19th - 22nd, 2018
HackDays or “Hackathon” is an event where experts from different disciplines work together in teams on technical, business or design problems with the goal of developing innovative and creative software to build prototypes and generate new ideas.
Thinking of fan experiences and services in a new way. Testing and applying innovative and new technologies within and outside the stadium. Bringing the emotional connection of our club to life even more through technology and digital infrastructure. Learning from each other and creating new things together.
For the first time, FC Bayern Munich will host, together with its fans, partners, leading experts, start-ups and students from all over the world, the #FCBayernHackDays to learn together, face new challenges and to research new innovative possibilities.
New technologies develop rapidly and become more and more important – on and off the field. Innovations change the behavior and demands of the fans and can also make the difference in the area of sports.
19.-22. January 2018,
4 days hacking,
Personalized fan experiences, Data analysis, VR & AR, Global fan connection, Innovative services and much more…
arena und live data access, prototyping in unique environment during a Bundesliga match. Cutting edge technology and makerspace, lightning talks, entertainment, fun.
Unique Hacker Space
Workspace in the Allianz Arena
Free drinks and food
Access to the latest gadgets (e.g. hololens, vive, arduino, joule, drones, sensors, smart football, jetson)
Technology-library including all the hardware, electronics and gadgets you can imagine (bring us a deposit and you can borrow almost anything that is out there!)
Free access to the UnternehmerTUM MakerSpace during the FCBayernHackDays Laser cutter, 3D-printer, water-jet, soldering bolt or a Pick-n-Place? Everything is here. High-tech workshops for metal, wood and textiles
The #FCBayernHackDays are a hands-on fusion of technology, design, science and soccer. We are looking for fans, entrepreneurs, creatives, tech evangelists, innovators, designers, hackers, makers & more. No matter if you are from Munich or from far away.
We provide you with unique hacker floors in the Allianz Arena. Also at match day – FC Bayern München vs. Werder Bremen on Sunday (Jan. 21st) – we want to hack as much as possible.
Inspiration & collaboration
In an unique atmosphere with fans, hackers and experts from all over the world you can let your creativity flow. We take care of your inspiration with lightning talks from experts. But we will also have some surprises coming up for your entertainment.
Awards & Prizes
Participants will take part in the challenges in teams of 3-5 persons. The final pitches will take place on Monday (Jan 22th). We will award challenge winners and also an overall #FCBayernHackDays winner. The main price will for the winning team will be a away game trip in Europe with the team of FC Bayern (e.g. Champions League)
Travel costs & Catering
If you are selected as participant and are a long distance traveler, we will organize your flight, bus or train ticket and cover the cost to support you. During HackDays we will provide free food and drinks to all participants.
We will provide sufficient and free accommodation options (including breakfast) to participants that need to travel longer distances.
1. Telekom Challenge
Next Reality – Develop innovative and fascinating mixed reality offers/features (AR, VR) for the FC Bayern Community
- How would you satisfy fan needs with wow-effects through AR and VR?
- What added value can you imagine through AR and VR data and information for our fans?
- How would you enrich the fan journey in the stadium, in the sports bar or on the road with new experiences and information?
2. adidas Challenge
Mobile interaction and commerce- Redefine how we engage with our fans around the world
- How would you engage with our Generation Z fans via mobile?
- What are your ideas to enhance the experience and product storytelling?
- How would you combine community building and digital benefits with real products?
3. Audi Challenge
Your fan experience and your car – Explore new ways how your car can become an integrated part of your fan experience
- How can we find new ways of interacting with FC Bayern fans while sitting in a car?
- How can new mobilty services improve the fan experience?
- How can innovation in mobility like autonomous driving and e-mobility be transfered to innovation accelerating fan experiences?
4. SAP Challenge
Fan-Activation 4.0 – Invent fascinating and innovative digital fan experiences
- What are your ideas how to turn unknown into known fans by offering innovative personalized digital fan experiences?
- How would you use content, digital channels and situations to identify and address fans worldwide?
- How do we connect international fan communities?
5. Siemens Challenge
Journey to Allianz Arena – A new way to experience the way to Allianz Arena, no matter what kind of transportation
- How would you provide best transportation fitting to each individual’s needs as speed, comfort, in groups or alone?
- What is your idea for fan interaction on the way to the stadium?
- How is the subway, the autobahn or even the subway station itself part of the experience?
6. DHL Challenge
Explore new ways to grow and add value to a DHL enabled global fan community
- How would you connect and entertain fans in the community, e.g. through gamification?
- What are your ideas to attract new members to grow the community significantly?
- Which added value services would you provide for community members in relation to ecommerce and logistics?
7. FC Bayern Challenge
Creativity meets technology – How to apply new technologies in order to create new fan-experiences
- How can fan emotions in the stadium, in sports bars and in front of screens be connected in an intelligent way?
- How can trust building concepts like blockchain be applied in order to provide new values for fans?
- How can mini programs in messenger services or chatbots be applied in intelligent ways?
Director, Google Play, Apps and Games
Director Media, Digital and Communication
Head of COPA90
Motion Designer & Video Director
CEO of Stack Overflow
Senior Manager Of Creative Insights
Enterprise Solutions Engineering
Director of Product Innovation
Magician & Entrepreneur
What is a hackathon?
Who should apply?
No matter if you are a student, professional, or entrepreneur: everybody is welcome and can apply.
Specifically, we are looking for makers, innovators, creative people, visionaries, VR specialists, data geeks, sports tech start-ups or fans with crazy ideas.
Please keep in mind that we only have a limited number of places. Therefore, you should apply here immediately and let us know how you want to contribute to the success of the #FCBayernHackDays. What is your motivation to participate? What is your professional background?
What are the selection criteria?
What do I bring?
Ideally, you come well rested and in a good mood to the #FCBayernHackDays. In general, it is enough to bring your own laptop.
Furthermore, you should bring a sleeping bag and a sleeping mat. It is important that you tell us in your application if you want to stay overnight in our facilities. Everything else like food, drinks, coaches, speakers, technology and side-events is organized by us in order for you to have unforgettable #FCBayernHackDays.
What are the goals of the #FCBayernHackDays?
We want to advance the fan experience by using latest technologies and digital media. Therefore, we hope for many exiting ideas, projects and solutions within the single challenges. Our goal is to continue working on all projects, which show potential and we would like to do this also together with you.
However, most important for us is to organize an event in a unique and creative atmosphere, which will be an unforgettable experience for every single participant.
Where will the #FCBayernHackDays be?
You can hack in our Allianz Arena and on top of that there is the possibility to test projects during the match FC Bayern München – Werder Bremen. Additionally, you get access to the 1500qm Makerspace of the UnternehmerTUM to work with laser cutters, 3D printers and much more.
The transport between the different event locations is organized by us.
How do I find a team?
After you receive the confirmation that you have been accepted in December, we invite you to our event specific communication channel. You can use this tool to communicate with other participants before the event and find potential team partners.
In any case, on the first day of the #FCBayernHackDays there will be a team building and ideation phase after the detailed presentation of all challenges.
Are the HackDays for free?
Yes, the event is for free.
Food, drinks, accommodation, and technology is provided to the extent needed by us for the course of the hackathon. Please keep in mind that the available places for accommodation are limited. We also cover up to 100% of your travel costs. For this reason, please tell us from where you will travel to Munich during the application process.